Click to Return to RVeCafe Homepage

Midwest Journey - 2011
Page 4

Return to Page 3 Jump to page 5
Click to see What's New at RVeCafe  
The Baja Burrito, a great find in Nashville
Thursday, May 12, 2011: Our day began at a wonderful bead store near Nashville looking for some special beads for gifts. It was the best bead store we've found so far. Lots of hand made lampwork beads (glass beads). Both Gwen and I found what we were looking for. By the end of our bead shopping, we were hungry and consulted "Jack". Jack is our new Garmin GPS. Jack told us of the restaurants near by. The Baja Burrito was within walking distance. What a great find and very popular in Nashville. Our burritos where made in front of us from fresh ingredients. The best burrito I've eaten in a long time.
Farmers Market near the Capitol Bulding in Nashville, TN
Next we drove to the farmer's market and BiCentenial Park near the Tennessee Capitol building. One of the features of the BiCentenial Park is a granite timeline around the park. Tennessee was the sixteenth state to join the union in 1796. Next, we hiked the hundreds of steps to the Capitol Building. Interestingly, James K. Polk and Andrew Jackson are both buried on the capitol grounds. Look at the view from the Capitol steps toward the BiCentenial Park. At the far end of the park is a Greyline tour bus just like the bus we rode yesterday. Click the photo and you will see the tourists unloaded the bus to take photos of the Capitol Building just like we did yesterday. When you click the photo on the interior of the Capitol you will see how Tennessee had two governors during the Civil War. Andrew Johnson was one of those governors, the eventual US President after the Lincoln assassination. Gwen reads the timeline on Tennessee history at the Bicentenial Park
Climbing nearly 200 steps to the Capitol Building View from the Capitol steps; behind: the bus stops so tourists can unboard and take photos
The interior of the Tennessee Capitol; Behind: a state with two governments
Traci K pushes a load down the Cumberland River then returns up river for another load behind the front photo Friday, May 13, 2011: While Gwen, Janet and Ralph toured the Country Music Hall of Fame, I walked several miles in downtown Nashville to see what I could see. I first saw the Traci K. at work on the Cumberland river with downtown Nashville in the background. Then, on the other side of the river, the LP Field where the Tennessee Titans play. Next, I found Printer's Alley which we were told we had to see, although I'm not sure why. It had honky tonks (taverns with live music), theaters and restaurants. Behind that photo is the Arcade, another place with specialty eating locations. When the group finished their tour they wanted to see live music in the honky tonks so we chose one of the most famous, Tootsies. We listened to live music until our old ears couldn't take it any more.
LP Field where the Tennessee Titans play, it would be great to see a game here. Printers Alley; Behind: the "Arcade" both a location of speciality eating and entertainment
Tootsies honky tonk on broadway in downtown Nashville Country Music Hall of Fame; Behind: The new Music Center construction in downtown Nashville

Saturday, May 14, 2011: Every thirteen years this cicada appears and makes the area hum. These are about the size of a large grasshopper. The sound is similar to the noise you hear while inside a large building of the heating and air conditioning noise only much louder. It figures we would arrive in Nashville during the thirteen year visit since we have also arrived during a year the tornados have been the worst ever. Also the Mississippi River is at a 74 year high and the high temperature records for this time of year are tied or broken. When I lived on 38 acres in Selma, Oregon the cicadas were present every summer so I never understood a twelve year break as I learned of cicadas in the eastern part of the US. But the arrival of the cicada is local news which we see interviews with experts on the locals news stations. Here at Poole Knobs, the trees are dense so we are surrounded with cicada music. Click this photo for another cicada view.

Our day today was spent grocery shopping and laundry. Then, later in the day, we went looking for a location to view the Amgen Tour of California bike race which begins tomorrow. We would normally be able to view the race on our own satellite TV but the canopy above our trailer is so thick we are unable to get reception.

The thirteen year cidada is out this year
The Parthenon in Nashville, TN Sunday, May 15, 2011: The Parthenon in Nashville was built for the 1897 Centennial at a temporary building but rebuilt to be permanent. We first saw it during our Greyline tour. Click to see another view. I had hoped to view the Amgen Tour of California today but the weather at Lake Tahoe was so bad, Stage 1 had been cancelled which is a huge disappointment.
When I lived at Tahoe for 13 years, I rode the route the Amgen is taking for Stage 1 and Stage 2. Since we are camped under the trees, I can't get satellite TV so I must depend upon sports bars to view these two stages. I had a good plan for today at Buffalo Wild Wings but I don't have a plan for tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have DirecTV again on Tuesday when we arrive at the Great Smokey Mountains State Park.

Monday, May 16, 2011: What a treat today. We are leaving Nashville tomorrow so the last thing we decided to do was eat at the Pancake Pantry to learn why people stand in line to eat pancakes. We learned about the Pancake Pantry during our Greyline tour. Click the photo to view the inside, a panoramic photo from Gwen's new camera. The food was outstanding ... and breakfast is difficult to make special.

Before returning to camp, we made a trip to Trader Joe's ... we haven't seen one since leaving the west coast. Janet and Ralph lead the way, Gwen and I haven't learned the fine art of Trader Joe shopping yet.

It's time to get ready for an early morning start.

In line at the Pancake Pantry
Trader Joe's Shopping at Trader Joe's
Our campsite in the Smokemont Campground, Great Smokey Mountains National Park

Tuesday, May 17, 2011: Another moving day, this time east to the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. We picked the Smokemont Campground because it had spaces large enough for our rigs and I was hoping for a satellite signal for both Internet and TV. I was able to get Internet but too many trees in the way of the TV signal. That means I don't get to see the Amgen Tour of California bicycle race.

Our drive today seemed long although it was only about 250 miles. The two lane park road to the campground was steep and slow traveling with many switchbacks and one loop I've not seen before, the road actually crosses over itself as it climbs the mountain. We arrived at our campground about 4 pm. This time we get no hookups and the trees are blocking our solar panels so it will be generator time when our batteries get low.

There is much to do here if you like to hike. There are also a couple of interesting looking towns right on the border of the park which we want to visit. We have only four days to look around before we leave again so it will be a rushed trip this time.

The road to our campground climbs over itself Checking in at the Smokemont Campground
Wednesday, May 18, 2011: Our first day to explore the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Since it is overcast, we will leave the view day until tomorrow. We began with an 1886 Turbine Grist Mill which is still in use today. Unfortunately, it was not operating waiting for repairs. Both corn and wheat floor are ground in this mill. Everything in the mill is powered by a water driven turbine. The creek water is channeled to drive the turbine. Next, we visited the Oconaluftee Visitor Center at the east entrance to the park. They had a mountain farm exhibit to show what life was like when the mountains were first settled. From what I could see, life was hard. Next, we drove a short distance to Cherokee, NC where we had a picnic on the "Island Park". Apparently the Mallards in the park are use to sharing the picnic. Next, we hiked the Deer Creek Loop trail (about 2.5 miles) to see the waterfalls. Our last stop was in Bryson City, NC which will be the furthest we travel east during this trip. The town "Soda Shop" had a Coca Cola theme along with good, hand dipped ice cream. Be sure to click the photos for more views. 1886 Grist Mill just west of Cherokee, NC
One of the National Park Visitor Centers Picnic in Downtown Cherokee, NC
Hiking the Deer Creek Loop trail looking for waterfalls. Ice Cream in Bryson City, NC ... the furthest east we will be this year.
Ralph is about to climb the Clingman's Dome at the top of the Smoky Mountains

Friday, May 20, 2011: Today we went to the highest point in the Smoky Mountain National Park, Clingman's Dome. On a clear day, it's said you can see 150 miles, today we could see about 30 miles. To get to Clingman's Dome, you must hike up a paved, steep trail for 1/2 mile then climb to the top of the dome to see over the trees. The weather on the dome was 20 degrees cooler and windy. After the dome, we found the Indian Gap Road, the only way to cross the mountains until 1930. It was a very rough, toll road not made for motorized vehicles. We also stopped at the Newfound Gap, the highest pass in the park. The view from this point are also spectacular. Finally, the gap road crosses the Appalachian Trail so I had to hike some of the trail to say I've been on it. I've spent a lot of time on the Pacific Crest Trail but this was my first time to see the Appalachian Trail. The Smoky Mountains are the toughest part of this trail. Click any photo for another view.

Ascending Clingman's Dome The walkway at Newfound Gap, highest pass in the Smoky Mountains
Indian Gap Road in use until 1930. Hiking the Appalalachian Trail
Saturday, May 21, 2011: This was the "boys day out" in Gatlinburg, TN. The girls wanted to stay home a relax in the campground. I was a gorgeous day to visit Gatlinburg, a small tourist town on the western edge of the Smoky Mountains. We were told it had some arts and crafts shops so I wanted to see what I could before leaving the area tomorrow. Ralph and I first noticed the tourist businesses as we drove into town... not the kind we were looking for. Souvenir shops, T-shirt shops, arcades, theater tickets, amusement rides ... nothing like what we were hoping for. Still ... we parked for a $10 fee and started walking around. We DID find some hiking shops where Ralph found some water shoes and I found a "paracord bracelet" (that's the bracelet made of parachute cord so in an emergency you can untangle the bracelet and save yourself with a 20 foot piece of cord) AND I found the "Life is good" brand road bicycling hat which I'm wearing in the photo (click the photo to see the hat). We want an Italian lunch but just before Dale at a "little shops" mall in Gatlinburg, TN, click to see the new hat I bought.
Greg, the owner of the Copper shop is holding the gift I bought for Gwen lunch, I found a brochure detailing all the arts and crafts shops and where to find them. I pointed out to Ralph that the shops I wanted to visit were only 2 miles away, surely we could walk that far (two healthy hikers like ourselves). After Spaghetti we started walking but I read the map wrong and took us a mile in the wrong direction. That's when we discovered the BUS for 50¢ each. We hopped on and showed the driver where we wanted to go. He told us to take the "Yellow" bus, he would drop us off at the terminal. In only five minutes, we were at the terminal and looking for the Yellow bus. We found the electronic sign showing that it would be 49 minutes before the Yellow bus arrived. Let's walk, we both decided, it's only 2 miles. So we walked only to find that the scale on my map must be wrong. We walked 2 miles and still hadn't come to the first waypoint on my map. We kept walking deciding that we would flag the Yellow bus a catch a ride. Yea! Here it comes ... but it wouldn't stop. The driver waved her index finger at us, not sure what that meant ... maybe only room for ONE. That was IT for Ralph. He walked across the street to catch the bus at the "Trolley Stop" as it went by on the homeward trip. He was going for the truck and would meet me at the shops. So I continued my hike and arrived in five miles (not two). Something must be WRONG with my MAP. I didn't find what I was looking for but DID find something I was sure Gwen would like. Greg, the owner of the Copper shop is holding the bracelet I was sure Gwen would love (even though it was over our budget). As it turns out, the bracelet is a bit small so we will stop on the way out of town tomorrow to exchange it. Today must have been a prelude for Memorial Day weekend, Gatlinburg was very busy with people crowding the stores and streets. I'm sure the merchants have been waiting for this day for a few months.
Sunday, May 22, 2011: Today was moving day from the Smoky Mountains to Racoon Valley RV Park (one of the Escapees Rainbow parks). We first visited Greg to exchange the bracelet, Gwen found exactly what she wanted. The traffic leading out of Gatlinburg was awful, it reminded me of Lake Tahoe California ski weekend traffic leaving for the Sacramento valley. The backup to the Interstate was five miles long moving a 5 miles/hour ... so one hour driving time to the Interstate. One thing I've notice in the Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area is that every other restaurant is a pancake house. You can click the traffic photo and pancake photos for additional views. Traffic was bumper to bumper for 5 miles before the Interstate
Every other restaurant is a pancake house Parked at the Racoon Valley RV Park north of Knoxville, TN
Parked at Holmes Bend COE campground Monday, May 23, 2011: We moved again today to an Army Corp of Engineers Campground near Columbia, Kentucky called Holmes Bend. Lot's of grass in this park which Morgan loves. We'll be visiting Columbia tomorrow to see a small town county seat in southern, central Kentucky. The weather around us is in the news again and we are experiencing strong thunderstorms each night with heavy rain. We've not had another tornado warning but tornado damage is happening in the states around us. The rain is why this area is so green and overgrown. Perhaps that's why Daniel Boone brought European settlers into this area. We passed very near the Cumberland Gap as we drove north from Knoxville, Tennessee then west toward Bowling Green, Kentucky. Every site in this campground is reserved for this weekend but we are virtually alone now ... it's the calm before the Memorial Day camping "storm". Click the photo to enlarge.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011: After morning thunderstorms, I was able to ride into Columbia, Kentucky for a short tour of the town. The historical court house is what I found in the center of the town square. It is surrounded by small retail shops and probably one of the original round-about's. Click the photo to see the new courthouse. The Columbia terrain for cycling is rolling hills, some are pretty steep hills and deep valleys. Riding this kind of terrain can be exhausting because it is like doing a series of sprints for the length of the ride. We been here only two days and it has rained both days. That must be why I see green every where I ride. Oregon is thought to be the "green" state but from what I've experienced of Kentucky ... I can understand why Daniel Boone was so impressed.


The historical county seat in Columbia, KY; Behind: the new county court house
Admistrative building for Lindsey Wilson College; Behind: the new Science building

I continued my ride onto the Lindsey Wilson College campus located in downtown Columbia. It is a fine campus of a liberal arts, private college with extensive student activities for such a small school. While photographing the administration building, I met a staff member, Chris, the Dean of Students. As it turns out, he was also the past coach of the college cycling team. Once I returned, I checked the teams performance which is very good for such a small college.

I learned the college, established in 1908, is affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Chris reported that the college has grown every year of the sixteen years he has been at the college. Next year the college is expanding into nursing degrees, one of the most needed in the country. Chris bragged of the student success. It didn't take long to get excited about this college. I also checked the Web site and learned of the long list of student sports teams and other activities. It seems the small colleges have ALL the fun and academic success. Click the photo to see the new science building.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011: The story tonight is the weather. We are located about where the hand is on the map at the right near Bowling Green, Kentucky. The line of red, orange, and yellow is the approaching sever storms headed our way at 11pm. The green circles are storm cells. We are under a tornado watch. A "tornado warning" is when a tornado is on the ground. Today, we moved to the Barren River Lake State Resort which is a large RV park and lodge. After parking (see the photo below) the storm warning became worse and we were told to stay in the lodge, then move to the basement if tornado warnings happened. The storm was delayed, so not expected in this area until 1am. Considering the devastation we've seen in Alabama, Joplin, Oklahoma, Indiana and other locations all around us we considered our alternatives. The lodge made us an offer Severe weather approaching our location
The most difficult of camping locations at Barren River Lake State Resort, KY Lower on the right side, Behind: higher on the left side
Overlooking Barren River Lake in a flooded condition

of a special price on a room, so we rolled in our slides, parked our truck under the lodge entrance roof (to protect from hail) and took a room on the bottom floor of a four story building.

We are currently waiting for the storm to arrive. Even if no tornado, the winds can reach 70-80 mph. The leading edge of the storm is pictured at the left. Clicking the photo, you'll see the lodge.

The campsite was the worst I've ever had to park. I had to dig holes on one side while raising the wheels on the other. Ralph had to loan me all his leveling blocks added to mine, to get the trailer high enough. This promises to be an exciting time in Kentucky.

Thursday, May 26, 2011: Last night's Kentucky thunderstorm began about midnight. If you've not heard a mid-west thunderstorm then you've missed an incredible light and sound show. The storm began with a blast of wind which made me think we had made the right decision to abandon our trailer and seek shelter in the lodge. As it turned out, the storm kept me awake until 1 am and the motel guests in the room next to ours woke me before 6am. So "getting better sleep" in a motel room didn't work for me. We headed back to the trailer early and found several large trees blown down, one blocked the access to our trailer (down the road behind the log). My weather station recorded a 40 MPH maximum wind gust and 3/4 inch of rain. That's much less than the 68 MPH wind and 3.5 inches of rain we endured in an Arizona storm. But, in Arizona, there were not trees to fall on us (or break the wind). Anyway, the wind speed, no doubt, was much higher at the top of the trees than where my weather station is located. The park crew was busy cleaning up the downed trees soon after we arrived back at the trailer. Click the photo to see them moving the trunks.

In the afternoon, we took a few hours to drive into Bowling Green for the first time. One of my goals was to find

A downed tree blocks our route back to our trailer
Historic Bowling Green Kentucky "Fountain Square Park" because a local bicycle club will have a club ride beginning there on Saturday morning. Ralph and Janet were after groceries and we all wanted to visit a bead shop and the fairgrounds looking for another RV parking location. The photo at left is of historical Bowling Green, just across from Fountain Square Park. Click the photo to view a restaurant we all thought funny.
Friday, May 27, 2011: We toured the Mammoth Cave National Park. You can compare to our hike into Carlsbad Caverns more than a year ago. In Carlsbad, we hiked down into the cavern on a self guided tour. There is no such thing for the Mammoth Cave. You must take a guided tour and for national security reasons, you can't take any bag of any kind. Unless it's changed over the last year, apparently they aren't worried about a terrorist blowing up the Carlsbad Caverns. The tour we took (one of many available), was the "historic" tour. We entered the "historic entrance" and our first stop was at the location where nitrate was extracted during the War of 1812. It was a 2 mile hike down four levels of the five levels into the cave. The cave is the largest in the world at over 400 miles long and growing. They are still exploring and finding new passages. The cave temperature was in the low 50s, slightly warmer than Carlsbad. Ranger John led us on our tour of the Mammoth Caves
Ralph is entering the historic entrance to the cave. A low ceiling in some locations.
Ralph fits through Fat Man's Misery To get out, we had to climb 5 stories of metal stairs.
The last of the tour, we had to step in some fungus killing agent to save the bat population.

This tour was a large loop, beginning and ending in the same location. Several passages had low head room while the "Fat Man's Misery" would truly have been tough for a "large diameter" person. In order to make this a loop, a 5 story set of metal stairs had to be constructed to get up back to a level to exit the cave.

Unfortunately, I forgot my flashlight (a point I made to myself during the Carlsbad tour). There were places and objects I would like to have seen which were not lighted. There was plenty of light to see the passage way during our tour but many locations not lighted.

Many children were on the tour which made it more fun. I was fun to hear their comments and experience their expressions during the tour.

It was easy to image an ancient river coursing through the cave, carving out the passage.

The final stage of the tour was to step into a fungus killing solution to stop the spred of a deadly fungus to the bat population. Apparently the fungus is spread by humans touring different caves wearing the same shoes.

Sunday, May 29, 2011: With the temperatures soaring, I began a short (24 miles) bike ride in the morning, but it was probably in the high 80s by the time I returned. It's also a good day to watch the Indianapolis 500. What a finish, the Army National Guard car should have won the race but the driver got too excited and drove the car into the wall only yards from the finish. He slide across the finish line in second place. The Austin, Kentucky post office is where we picked up some mail. Austin, KY post office
Storm shelter

It's only 3 miles from our camp and a perfect PO for general delivery mail.

While riding, I came across this storm shelter in a backyard. After seeing what a tornado can do, I see this as very practical even though the chance of losing life/property from a tornado is probably 1/1000. I can imagine some company selling these just as you would sell a septic tank. I'll bet they aren't all that expensive.

Monday, May 30, 2011: Pirates of the Caribbean, the new Johnny Depp movie is playing in Glasgow, Kentucky in 3D. We had such a good experience with Avitar in 3D, we thought we'd give it another try on a very HOT day. Glasgow is only 12 miles from our campsite. The movie was a continuation of the previous "Pirates" movies. All of the Pirate movies are action/adventure, comical and the 3D effects made it even more fun. Fortunately, it ending making us think there would be more. It was also cool inside the theater on a very hot day. Dale and Gwen go to 3D Pirates of the Caribbean
A Cycling dream, single lane, paved road, no traffic. Tuesday, May 31, 2011: This day began with a hot but beautiful 32 mile bike ride from our camp to Bowling Green to meet Gwen at the Cosmotology college. Most of the riding was on single lane, paved roads with little or no traffic. Perfect for road riding. Gwen and Janet are getting perms today. I was soaked from the ride, hot, humid conditions make me sweat from top to bottom. I did plan ahead with a change of clothes and the equipment to "take a birdie". While Gwen continued with her perm, I found an ACE hardware and looked for a part. Finding the right dog food came next. By this time, Gwen was finished with the perm so off to lunch. After lunch, we worked as a team to get the grocery shopping and laundry done at the same time. Gwen shopped while I washed and dried. Then we rushed to "Steak and Shake" because shakes are half off between 2 and 4 pm. We both ordered Peach. The day ended with getting to the RV parts dealer in time to get new grommets for our cooking stove.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011: We extended our stay in Bowling Green just to see the Corvette Assembly Plant today. The rules in the plant are NO cameras, cell phones, electronic devices and shoes NOT sandals. I've been a fan of the Corvette since a friend took me for a ride in his NEW 1958 Corvette. The factory tour was a one hour walk for a mile watching every stage of assembly. It was great to see all the technology as the sports car was assembled one piece at a time. We all felt, one hour wasn't enough, we needed much more time to see the assembly. Click the photo to see the front view of the yellow Corvette. A visit to the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant
Dale tries out a Corvette, click to see Gwen in the 'vette After the Assembly Plant we drove across the street to the National Corvette Museum. Ralph wanted a T-shirt for his grandson. Gwen bought some grandchildren gifts too. I found this silver Corvette where we could all sit (for photos and pretending). Click the photo for a view of Gwen in the Corvette.
Thursday, June 2, 2011: Today was moving day north toward Indiana. We are stopping for ten days in Taylorsville State Park near Taylorsville, Kentucky. On our move today, we passed through the historic town of Bardstown, Kentucky. It looks like a place to visit again ... old historic main street with unique shops and interesting cafes. We may have to return. Click the photo to see the courthouse where this photo was taken from the windows on the second floor. Bardstown, Kentucky
Our campsite at Taylorsville State Park near Taylorsville, KY Our campsite in Taylorsville State Park. There is a lake nearby be we haven't seen it yet. There is LOTS of open space between sites covered with thick, green lawn. Both Anne and Morgan love the lawn (although Anne is hanging out on the picnic table in this photo). Click the photo to see the rear view.

Friday, June 3, 2011: While Gwen watched the French Open Tennis Match, I went for a thirty mile exploratory bicycle ride to the small Kentucky town of Taylorsville. It's the county seat of Spencer County. I learned the Confederate Army invaded Kentucky and many of the county courthouses were burned during the Civil War. Click the courthouse for a view of the plaque

The historic area of Taylorsville has a small "Amish shop" with a buggy out from for sale. No doubt this was the "Corvette" of 1825. Two can ride comfortably and it has a trunk about the size of today's Corvette. Click the buggy to see Main Street.

Finally, I rode by the post office because we are expecting several pieces of mail to arrive here. Unfortunately, some of those mail pieces were sent by UPS so I hope that works out. Click the post office to see a very old house built of dovetailed logs. It's still being lived in.

Spencer County Courthouse in Taylorsville, Kentucky
A one horse power vehicle for sale ... bring your own horse. Taylorsville Post Office
Monday, June 6, 2011: We chose to tour a famous bourbon distillery today, Maker's Mark. We learned that there are so many bourbon distilleries in Kentucky because the state sits on an ancient sea bottom which filters the water of iron, there is NO iron in Kentucky water. Iron in the water will dist roy bourbon. The photo at right is of the visitor center where our tour started. Betty is our tour guide. Click the photo to see Betty. We also learned that Maker's Mark is made from corn, soft red winter wheat and malted barley. This recipe was created in 1958 taking out rye from the recipe which gives whiskey a "bite". The visitor's center at Maker's Mark
Pure copper distilling pots Hand dipping each bottle top in wax, a Maker's Mark trademark
The bottling room, behind: the tasting room and gift shop. We continued our tour into the distillery and on into the bottling building. Maker's Mark has a trade mark of hand dipping each bottle into wax for marketing. They have created an "Ambassador" club where an individual may enroll at no charge, have their name on a barrel. When that barrel is aged for 6 - 7 years it is ready for bottling. The individual may then dip their own bottles in the wax which has a label with their name on the bottle. It's a cleaver marketing idea. We finished in the tasting room/gift shop where we tasted the original Maker's Mark and the new Maker's 46. We don't drink bourbon but enjoyed touring the wonderful grounds of the distillery and learning of this Kentucky heritage.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011: After six years of use, my HughesNet satellite system has failed. The Yahoo satellite Internet group I follow feels it's the failure of either the power supply or of the transmitter. I was able to get a power supply on Ebay and a used transmitter from a dealer in Colorado. The transmitter should arrive on Friday and hopefully my system will be back online. In the mean time, I must visit the local county library about 9 miles distant for Internet access. This is finals week for the business course I teach at Rogue Community College. Today I scored the final exam, totaled all scores and assigned final grades so I spent a few hours sitting in this nice, air conditioned, library. I was grateful for the WIFI. Leaving the Spencer County Library
Return to page 3 Continue to page 5
Return to RV Trips Copyright, 2011 by